Friday, June 29, 2012

Reflection #3 (Week)

         This week, the 1st week of Summer School at Kamehameha was pretty harsh due to the fact that I was still getting my brain ready for Quizes, Projects, or work and to get ready for 28 days of stress!  But this week went by pretty fast even though we had covered so much topics and activities throughout the week's school hours.  The topics we covered and I learned from were the Hakalama, helu, Pepeke Aike He, Pi'apa, Na Ninau 5, Student's Handbook, Na Ka'i, Piha, Keao Rule  even the names in hawaiian about our body parts. Also, we/I learned more about how Haloa, the first born has connection to all hawaiians, in the weeks school hours we were taking notes during the lessons on different subjects for the upcoming pretests, which would help us with the Hoike on the weeks friday; which is an exam to test us on what we learned throughout the week. The manao from what we learned more about Haloas connection to us was that since Haloa was said to be the first born, he was the older sibling/brother to us hawaiians, and we/all other hawaiian was said to be his younger sibling. Haloa or the kalo was to be the hawaiians main food source and in that connection it shows how our big/older brother respects us and nutures us like an older sibling is supposed to do. Also, we hawaiias need to be a younger sibling and listen and care for our elders so haloa will give the same respect to us. The sstruggles that i have in this class is only on a few things that i think i need to work on and those are my talking (the way i pronounce hawaiian words), my remembrance (when remembering information I tend to not get it the first time and I tend to ask "could you say that again") and lastly maybe, my quickness around the classroom (some days/sometimes I'm waited upon in class). I can fix these by just practice more reading but in Hawaiian, I can fix my remembrance problems by listening while doing my notes/something else (multi-tasking) and last but not least my quickness, it could be fixed by listening the first time when being told to stop. 
       This week was fun and it was filled with first timer obstacles and I can surely say that I will enjoy looking forward to a new week of learning, more/new activities and more and more of the stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment